Thursday, February 10, 2011

Productive


I'm feeling quite positive, and motivated! I've been eating good, healthy, and treating myself as I follow this new life style. That's what it is...a complete life style change. It's hard, and bumpy along the way. Life happens, I make mistakes, but I haven't quit, and I haven't given up. I realize that emotionally, food will always be my vice, but if I just re-learn and adjust my coping I can have a healthy relationship with food. That's all I want, I want to be able to eat a candy bar and not feel like I need one the next day, and the next day, and the next. I want to eat good, tasty food, in a controllable way and in proportion. I know I can do it, it's just about making new habits, learning a new "brain" talk, if you will. It's a slow process, but it's working, and it's rewarding.

I am struggling, still, with exercise. It's hit and miss for sure. At times I wish I would just take the plunge and hire a personal trainer, but I don't even know if that could help me in this area. There are a lot of contributing factors to my problem. #1 I HATE EXERCISE! #2 The weather is not so hot here in the Pacific Northwest, and that's just one more reason I don't want to go outside. #3 I don't really know what I "like" or "enjoy" doing when it comes to physical activity...it's hard for me to figure that one out. #4 I've figured out how to motivate myself to eat better, but I can't seem to motivate myself to MOVE???? Anyhow...just one more area I need to work on.

Something I've been eating and really enjoy! A bagel thin, with a wedge of mozzarella & sun dried tomato laughing cow, Kirkland lean ham, and slivered red bell pepper. A tasty sandwich, with baked Lay's potato chips and a clementine. I'll probably burn myself out on it, but that's ok...it's easy and it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment